Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Washington D.C.
The General Delegation of the PLO to the United States, the Palestinian diplomatic mission in Washington, D.C., seeks to fill the position of Program Coordinator. The position requires experience managing challenging schedules and good understanding of the Palestine-Israel conflict.
- Manage the ambassador’s schedule in terms of domestic travel across the United States;
- Coordinate local speaking events and other engagements for the ambassador;
- Develop educational outreach initiatives to better educate the American public about the Palestinian cause;
- Attend events at policy institutes, research centers, and other places in D.C., and report back relevant findings to other staff;
- Cultivate and improve relationships with various non-governmental organizations and actors;
- Assist with other duties and projects as required. The Program Coordinator will be required to wear many hats.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, qualifications, and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MA is a plus;
- Knowledge of Palestine and the broader Middle East;
- High energy, strong interpersonal skills, and good phone skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and ability to follow through on responsibilities with minimal supervision;
- The ability to work both as a part of a team and independently as needed;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on multiple time-sensitive projects;
- Capacity to maintain poise and work effectively under extreme pressure;
Special Working Conditions:
Due to the timely nature of some of these responsibilities, availability via mobile phone and email beyond regular work hours is occasionally required. This is also due to time-zone differences between places of interest.
Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter indicating your interest in and specific qualifications for this position
- A minimum of two references