The Media Affairs Officer plays a vital role at the General Delegation of the PLO to the US, based in Washington, D.C. The Media Affairs Officer’s responsibilities include developing a media strategy to respond to current coverage of the Palestinian issue, as well as developing an initiative for new media coverage and contacts.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing a media strategy to highlight the Palestinian political platform and culture
- Surveying local and international media to produce a daily brief of news relevant to the Delegation’s work or otherwise requiring its attention
- Producing regular media statements and press releases to international and Palestinian media, the Palestinian-American community, and the US public at large
- Fact checking press releases, official statements, fact sheets, and talking points;
- Coordinating meetings and press conferences between the Ambassador and members of the Arab and foreign media in the US
- Assisting the Ambassador in his visits around the country by setting up interviews and preparing talking points
- Building and improving relationships with media outlets in order to expand the Delegation’s outreach and messaging
- Maintaining the PLO Delegation website, and updating news and releases on the website
- Enhancing the Delegation’s social media outreach by updating Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Keeping a log of the Ambassador’s media engagements along with links, files, and important details;
- BA in international affairs, journalism, communications, or a related field. Having a master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience working in media or Palestinian affairs.
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Strong skills in communications, public relations, and writing.
- A good understanding of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is required.
How to Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Vacancy to be filled as soon as possible.